Biomass and Bioenergy is an international journal publishing original research papers and short communications, review articles and case studies on biological resources, chemical and biological processes, and biomass products for new renewable sources of energy, food and materials.
Key areas covered by the journal:
- Biomass: sources, energy crop production processes, genetic improvements, composition
- Biological Residues: wastes from agricultural production and forestry, processing industries, and municipal sources (MSW)
- Bioenergy Processes: fermentations, thermochemical conversions, liquid and gaseous fuels, and petrochemical substitutes
- Bioenergy Utilization: direct combustion, gasification, electricity production, chemical processes, and by-product remediation
- Biomass and the Environment: carbon cycle, the net energy efficiency of bioenergy systems, assessment of sustainability, and biodiversity issues.
The scope of the journal extends to the environmental, management and economic aspects of biomass and bioenergy. The journal also features book reviews, reports on conferences, details of forthcoming meetings, letters to the editor and special interest topics.