The World Green Building Council (WorldGBC) will be the peak global not-for-profit
organisation working to transform the property industry towards sustainability
through its members - national Green Building Councils.
The WorldGBC provides a federation "union" of national Green Building
Councils whose common goal is the sustainable transformation of the global property
The WorldGBC shall:
- establish common principals for Green Building Councils;
- serve as a global voice on behalf of Green Building councils;
- support and promote individual Green Building Councils;
- establish a clearing for "knowledge" transfer between Green Building
- encourage development of market based environmental rating systems;
- recognise global green building leadership.
The longer term objectives of the WorldGBC is to:
- create a global market for green building through the creation of successful
national Green Building Councils;
- be the peak global voice for global green building issues;
- represent no less than 60% of the global property industry through countries
with Green Building Councils;
- have a dynamic web presence that serves as the preeminent portal for global
green building news;
- have collaborative relationships with all other complimentary global organisations.