CHP 1 Pyrheliometer is a pyrheliometer that offers durability and consistency without requiring any power. The detector is similar to that used in the company’s highest level pyranometers CMP 21 and CMP 22, which minimizes the influence of ambient temperature fluctuations and provides a fast response time.
The key features of the CHP 1 pyrheliometer are:
- Both Pt-100 and 10 k thermistor temperature sensors are fitted as standard, in order to enable use of the individual temperature response data supplied with each CHP 1 pyrheliometer.
- Thanks to the signal cable connector and screw-in desiccant cartridge, the design is easy to install and maintain.
- The specifications exceed WMO and ISO performance criteria for First Class Normal Incidence Pyrheliometers.
- Every CHP 1 is supplied with a calibration certificate traceable to the World Radiometric Reference.
- CHP 1 is an all-weather pyrheliometer available for continuous measurements of direct solar radiation.
- It exceeds the specifications for high-end solar radiation networks, such as the Baseline Surface Radiation Network (BSRN) of the World Climate Research Programme (WCRP).
- These networks require accurate and reliable long-term measurements for climate change investigations.