CMP 3 is lighter and more compact when compared to the other CMP series pyranometers. This equipment has a rugged 4mm thick glass dome to protect the thermopile from external influences. The small size and sealed construction make this instrument suitable for monitoring solar energy installations, horticulture and it can be based underwater. A screw-in mounting rod is available for easy installation.
The key features of the CMP3 pyranometer are:
- The thermopile sensor construction measures the solar energy that is received from the total solar spectrum and the whole hemisphere (180 degrees field of view).
- The output is expressed in Watts per meter square.
- The CMP 3 pyranometer is designed for continuous indoor and outdoor use. The CMP 3 pyranometer (ISO 9060:1990 Second Class) is intended for shortwave global solar radiation measurements in the spectral range from 300 to 2800nm.
- The thermopile detector measures irradiance up to 2000W/m² with response time less than 18s and typical sensitivity 10µV/W/m² that varies less than 5% from -10°C to +40°C.
- Operating temperature range is -40 ºC to +80 ºC and the stability is better than 1% per year.
- The CMP 3 pyranometer features a snap-on white sun shield, integrated leveling and a weatherproof connector, which is supplied pre-wired with 10m of signal cable for simple installation.
- An optional mounting rod and longer cable lengths are available. Two CMP 3 pyranometers can easily be mounted back-to-back to make a low-cost albedometer.
- The Pyranometer does not require any power, it supplies a low voltage of 0-20mV in relation to the amount of incoming radiation. When a higher voltage level or a 4-20mA signal is required, the AMPBOX is the perfect solution.