The SMP3 is a smart pyranometer with industry-standard digital and analogue amplified outputs and low maintenance. Based on the proven CMP 3 technology, the SMP3 adds Modbus® interface, improved response time and temperature corrected measurement data. The low and wide power supply range from 5 to 30VDC makes integration in meteorological stations easy. The SMP is protected against reversed polarity, over voltage and short circuiting. The exchange of instruments during recalibration is easy as all SMPs have an identical sensitivity and connections.
The key features of the SMP3 Pyranometer are:
- PC Software for data logging, display of data and Modbus® address setting is provided.
- SMP3 measures global solar radiation on a horizontal plane. When tilted with the same angle as a PV panel, it measures the tilted global radiation for PV module efficiency calculations.
- RS-485 Modbus® RTU interface.
- 0 to 1V or 4 to 20mA analogue output.
- Active temperature correction from -40°C to +80°C.