The CMP 6 pyranometer is designed for regular global solar radiation measurement research on a plane/level surface. It is fully compliant with ISO 9060:1990 specification for a First Class pyranometer and features a 64 thermocouple junction (series connected) sensing element. The sensing element is coated with a highly stable carbon-based non-organic coating, which delivers excellent spectral absorption and long-term stability characteristics.
The detector of the CMP 6 and the CMP 3 are similar, but it has improved performance due to the increased thermal mass and the double glass dome construction. It is suitable for cost-effective, good quality, measurements in hydrological networks and agriculture.
The key features of the CMP6 pyranometer are:
- The integral bubble level is raised to the top of the housing and can be viewed without removing the redesigned snap-on sun shield, which also covers the connector.
- The connector with gold-plated contacts enables easy exchange and re-calibration.
- The screw-in drying cartridge is easy to remove and the replacement desiccant is supplied in convenient refill packets.
- The Pyranometer does not require any power, it supplies a low voltage of 0-20mV in relation to the amount of incoming radiation.
- When a higher voltage level or a 4-20mA signal is required, the AMPBOX is the perfect solution.