The SP Lite2 pyranometer available from Kipp & Zonen is designed for routine and reliable measurement of solar radiation. The unit can be utilized under all weather conditions and is suitable for measuring available energy for use in plant growth, solar energy applications, evapotranspiration, and thermal convection.
A photodiode detector in the SP Lite2 generates a voltage output that is proportional to the incoming radiation. In addition, the unique design of the diffuser makes its sensitivity proportional to the cosine of the angle of incidence of the incoming radiation, enabling precise and reliable measurements.
The SP Lite2 pyranometer is equipped with the Kipp & Zonen high quality yellow cable and can be directly connected to a data logger or voltmeter. It also includes adjustment screws and a bubble level integrated in the mounting flange for users’ convenience. Two instruments can be bolted back-to-back and equipped with a mounting rod to make a simple albedometer.
The main features of the SP Lite2 Pyranometer are:
- Easy to use
- Integrated with photodiode detector
- Can be connected to voltmeter or data logger
- Suitable for routine and reliable measurement of solar radiation
- Can be used under all weather conditions.
The applications of the SP Lite Pyranometer are:
- Air pollution dispersion calculations using the Delta-T method
- Photovoltaic/solar energy module monitoring
- Agricultural evapotranspiration estimation
- Educational purposes.