The Hiden HPR-40 DEMS is a benchtop or mobile cart-mounted electrochemistry module for dissolved species analysis. The system is versatile and modular. Two differential electrochemical mass spectrometry (DEMS) cell inlets are included in the system; cell type A for material/catalysis investigations and cell type B for electrochemical reaction studies.
DEMS (Differential Electrochemical Mass Spectrometry) is a mass spectrometry-based analytical approach that combines electrochemical half-cell experiments with mass spectrometry. It provides real-time mass resolution measurement of gaseous or volatile electrochemical reactants, intermediates and products.
Hiden Analytical offers a variety of DEMS cells that connect to the Hiden HPR-40 DSA Mass Spectrometer through an electrolyte/nanoporous sampling interface.
Several standard intake choices are offered for situations where online electrochemical MS, OEMS, from an existing cell or reactor is required, enabling both evolved off-gas and dissolved species analysis solutions. Electrochemical cells from Redoxme AB and EL-Cell® are among those that can be interfaced with the Hiden HPR-40 DEMS system.
- Up to 4 additional electrodes can be connected
- Dissolved species analysis with a mass range of 200 amu (300 amu option)
- Can be interfaced to the Hiden HPR-40 DSA mass spectrometer
- A working electrode made of vitreous carbon that may be coated by the user
- A nanoporous membrane that can be replaced
Application of DEMS
- Hydrogen Oxidation Reaction
- Oxygen Reduction Reaction
- CO2 Reduction
- Methanol/Formic Acid Oxidation
- Ethanol Oxidation
- Ammonia/Hydrazine Oxidation
- Cathode Effects
- Battery Cycling
- Electrolyte Reactions in Batteries
- Other Fuel Cells (Borohydride, DMFC)
- Mechanistic Investigations on Methanol Oxidation
- Electrochemical Oxidation of Organics in (Waste-) Water Treatment
- Electrochemical Oxidation of CO