N.E.W. Customer Service Companies, Inc. (NEW) is pleased to announce Sam's Club has launched ecoNEW®, its new online electronics recycling service that helps members nationwide get rid of their older, unwanted, small to medium size electronics through a free, easy-to-use, environmental solution for e-waste recycling. Sam's Club Members may trade in their older electronics for a gift card which is determined by a recycle trade-in value generated through the website. Sam's Club's ecoNEW program accepts LCD monitors, digital cameras, PC desktops and laptops, gaming systems, MP3 players, camcorders, and printers. Even if the product does not qualify for a trade-in value, the program still accepts the product for recycling and provides a pre-paid shipping label.
The ecoNEW program operated by NEW has a “no export and no landfill” guarantee. Electronic equipment received will either be reconditioned or recycled. Some items may be sold into the secondary or used marketplace in whole machine form or disassembled and sold off as usable service parts. Recycled equipment and parts will then be broken down into raw material and used to produce new materials. The parts may become part of NEW's service repair network that supports more than 150 million customers across the U.S. NEW is the nation's leading provider of extended service plans and buyer protection programs for consumer products.
The Sam's Club electronics trade-in and recycling program is easy to use:
- Access online - at www.econewonline.com/samsclub
- Enter product information - use the online form to enter information about the electronic item to be recycled, including condition details and whether or not all the cords and original packaging are available. Based on input, the screen will calculate what the estimated trade-in value will be.
- Enter contact information - enter contact information to receive retail gift card for value of item.
- Free shipping - ecoNEW system will generate a free shipping label.
- Receive gift card - once ecoNEW recycling center receives the item and verifies the information submitted is correct, a retail gift card to Sam's Club for the recycled value is sent back to consumer in mail.
“We are thrilled to be partnering with Sam's Club on this exciting first retail launch of ecoNEW,” said Tony Nader, president and CEO of NEW. “With such growing demands by consumers for environmental programs, ecoNEW gives retail customers a great eco-friendly solution for disposing of electronics while also getting cash value back that they can use with the retailer. The strength of the program lies in this win-win scenario.”
EcoNEW is being offered to retailers as a value-add customer care solution, making NEW the first of its industry to offer a green service in its product and service portfolio.