HVS (Hydrogen Vehicle Systems) is a UK company founded 2017. From innovative powertrain design to ground up production, HVS aims to disrupt the commercial vehicle industry by being an early mover with the most advanced, all–new zero carbon emission HGV. Leading the way in hydrogen electric vehicle design, HVS is pioneering cutting-edge solutions that will decarbonise one of the heaviest polluting sectors worldwide. Combining unique design, efficiency, and performance; HVS will provide the ultimate driver experience at lower costs and lowest emissions.
Based on HVS' conservative sales projections, by 2030 the new UK fleet of hydrogen HGV’s, displacing diesel vehicles, could prevent more CO2 and noxious air emissions than the reported annual emissions of Heathrow airport.
Green hydrogen is an infinitely renewable fuel. It is made using renewable electricity to split water (H2O) into hydrogen and oxygen. In the fuel cell, hydrogen recombines with oxygen from the air to produce heat, power and water.
Fuel Cells were invented in the UK by a Welsh scientist Sir William Grove in 1839.
The UK is home to many leading international hydrogen production, supply, storage and hydrogen technology industries, and HVS is an emerging OEM in the Heavy Vehicle market space.
- Flexible design development, allowing immediate capture of early adopter public and private sectors niche markets
- We are not constrained by large corporate OEM inertia, allowing for efficient decision making
- Highly experienced, qualified technical team, with many years collective experience in automotive design & manufacture.
- Established supply chain with state-of-the-art technology partners & suppliers from around the world
- An experienced in-house team with proven capability to deliver innovative, specialist vehicles.
- Highly focused product offerings, targeted at design, development & production zero-emission hydrogen-powered medium commercial vehicles