Uniboard's Nu-Green particleboard, the greenest solution on the market, is now certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
The FSC is an international organization that brings people together to find solutions which promote responsible stewardship of the world's forests. Effective February 15, 2008, this independent body issued a Chain of Custody (COC) Certificate to Uniboard's for the Nu-Green Product manufactured in the Company's plant in Sayabec, Quebec. The same certification had been appointed to raw particle boards produced in Uniboard's Val d'Or plant in late 2007.
Chain-of-custody is the path taken by raw materials from the forest to the consumer, including all successive stages of processing, transformation, manufacturing and distribution. Operations that have been independently verified for FSC chain of custody certification are eligible to label their products with the FSC logo. From a customer perspective, the FSC label represents a promise that is being made to FSC standards and consumes can feel safe in knowing that their cabinets, furniture or any manufactured wood product is the result of eco-friendly policies.
Uniboard continues to raise the bar for the industry with respect to the environment. Its Nu-Green product:
- has no urea formaldehyde added, no emission (less than 0.01ppm)
- contains 100% recycled post-industrial wood fiber, which saves trees and avoids landfill
- Is FSC certified
- is EPP (environmentally preferable product) certified
- can also contribute to achieving up to six LEED credits (Leadership in Energy and Environment Design categories: Indoor Environmental Quality and Materials and Resources) an important consideration for professionals
- comes in a variety of colors that make up Uniboard's Melamine collection
- has M2 Grade ANSI (American National Standards Institute) moisture resistant glue
"Every component of Nu-Green is designed to have people think green, act green and ultimately change the market," says Lise Plante Product Manager, Panel Business Unit. "We manufacture Nu-Green with the same standards as our other products so you benefit from the same quality and product consistency that has become synonymous with Uniboard."
Nu-Green is as easily used in residential kitchens and bathrooms as in commercial applications such as retail spaces, government offices, institutional settings of hospitals, dental clinics and doctor's offices. Given the wide range of color choices, Nu-Green can match any taste, and is THE solution for environmental sustainability.