This Pike Research report provides a comprehensive analysis of the global market opportunities and growth prospects for virtual power plants including a detailed examination of business models, technology issues, and regulatory and policy factors. Key industry players are profiled, including SWOT analysis for utilities and technology providers active in the VPP sector. The report also features global market forecasts, segmented by region, for capacity and revenue in four key VPP segments through 2015.
Key questions addressed:
- What are the key distinctions between virtual power plants and microgrids?
- What are the key differences between European and U.S. Markets?
- Why are VPPs in the U.S. focused on demand response?
- Why are VPPs in Europe focused more on renewable generation?
- Why is the largest VPP market segment – wholesale auctions of fossil capacity — not expected to grow in any geography beyond Europe?
Who needs this report?
- Smart grid technology vendors and service providers
- Distributed energy generation suppliers
- Demand response companies
- Microgrid developers
- Government agencies
- Investor community