Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Mitsubishi Corporation and Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities Co., Ltd. are pleased to announce a joint demonstration project aimed at installing some 1,000 high-efficiency inverter air conditioning units in two Vietnamese national hospitals, one each in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
The project is expected to help improve energy-saving mechanisms and systematize the use of advanced air conditioning technologies in Vietnamese hospitals. The demonstration project will last from January 2014 to February 2016.
The project was selected in December 2013 by the New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO) as one of a suite of projects aimed at disseminating and promoting the use of technologies to counteract global warming. Recognizing the potential of Japanese technologies to promote energy savings and reduce greenhouse gases, the governments of Vietnam and Japan have decided to implement a Joint Crediting Mechanism (JCM)¹. The demonstration project will be developed in accordance with the procedures established under the JCM from validation, registration, to monitoring, reporting and verification of emission reductions.
The project aims to develop an energy management system for efficient joint control of multiple inverter air conditioners. The effectiveness of greenhouse gas reduction and energy savings will be verified by installing heat exchangers to reduce heat loss during ventilation, save energy and improve the quality of air inside the national hospitals.
Going forward, Mitsubishi Electric, Mitsubishi Corp. and Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities aim to implement other initiatives that help address global warming.
Details of Demonstration Project
- Development of energy management system (EMS)
- Installation of equipment incorporating energy-saving and air-improvement technologies, and verification of effectiveness
- Application for registration of JCM methodology
- Verification of greenhouse gases reduction based on JCM methodology
- Two national hospitals in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- January 2014 to February 2016
Roles of each company
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation: Design and development of EMS
- Mitsubishi Corporation: Application for registration under JCM methodology and verification
- Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities Co., Ltd.: Development of measurement, reporting and verification methodology and support for local partners