This Pike Research report analyzes the market for small wind power in the context of the broader RDEG market, which also includes solar photovoltaics and fuel cell technologies. The study covers key business issues and drivers of demand for sub-utility scale wind power, including government-driven legislation and incentives as well as market-based factors. Technology and cost issues are examined in depth, as are a number of key industry players. Market forecasts include small wind generation capacity, system revenues, and installed prices through 2013 for installations in all regions of the world, with line-item segmentation for 12 key countries.
Key questions addressed:
- Why is sub-utility scale Renewable Distributed Energy Generation (RDEG) an important part of the solution to the challenges of climate change?
- What is small wind power and how does it fit in the RDEG landscape
- What are the key sub-utility scale RDEG technologies and how do they compare across a number of dimensions?
- How big is the Small Wind category today and how large is the market forecast to grow?
- What are the key applications of Small Wind?
- What are the key drivers of growth for Small Wind?
- Who are the key industry players in the Small Wind market?
Who needs this report?
- Small wind technology providers
- Distribution, installation, and service providers
- Venture capital and other equity investors
- Government agencies
- Industry associations, non-profit organizations, and key industry constituents
- Consulting firms and investment banks focused on renewable distributed energy generation technologies, such as small wind