Reuben Trane, president of Island Pilot, LLC, announced today that the company will introduce the first-ever truly "green" motoryacht in America this week at the Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show. Following the much anticipated unveiling, The Island Pilot DSe Hybrid 12m is expected to be seen as the most economic as well as environmentally-friendly choice in yachting due its remarkable efficiency.
This was accomplished by the creative utilization of technology that combines diesel, solar and electric power – the components that create the DSe acronym.
Measuring 40 ft., the DSe Hybrid can travel at 6 knots indefinitely using only solar power and 13 knots using diesel. The revolutionary combination of technology, along with a structural design resulting in the maximum amount of horizontal area on which to mount solar panels, is what enables the DSe to achieve a new standard for cruising economy.
While the DSe is constructed for utmost efficiency, the yacht has all the amenities of the most luxurious cruising yachts. Such features include:
- On-deck master stateroom with a forward-facing queen-sized “sleigh bed” and a 270 degree panorama view provided by 30” high windows on three sides. Steps lead down to the extensive dressing room and head in the starboard hull.
- Expansive guest stateroom with ensuite head, dressing room and island queen bed that can also be converted into single beds.
- A spacious “great room” and galley. Includes two settees, a high-low table, a 26” HDTV and a Bose home theater system.
- An express-style bridge with seating for eight, twin helm chairs and centerline console.
- Technological amenities throughout, including a Garmin 15” touchscreen with Garmin HD radar, Tecnautic “Fly by Wire” controls and gyro autopilot, 4 zones of air conditioning, hi-tech refrigeration with ice maker, and a KVH Satellite TV antenna with DirecTV receiver.
“Our goal from the initial concept stages was to deliver 6 knots on solar energy alone,” concluded Trane. “Sea trials earlier this year proved it can be done!”
The introductory price of a DSe Hybrid 12m is US$600,000. Island Pilot is currently taking reservations for the DSe. Call 888-443-2965 or download a reservation agreement at www.dsehybrid.com.