The Knowledge Foundation has announced the complete Program for the 12th Small Fuel Cells conference which will be held in Cambridge, MA from April 12-13, 2010. In its 12th year, Small Fuel Cells + Hybrid Devices for Commercial + Military Applications is the primary source of information for end users, developers and manufacturers of portable fuel cell powered devices.
This year, Dr. Peter Podesser, CEO of SFC Smart Fuel Cell AG, will deliver the opening presentation. SFC Smart Fuel Cell has shipped more than 15,000 commercial products in the past five years, and Dr. Podesser will provide insight into the growing number of commercial and defense applications for fuel cells, including new products and markets as well as other latest developments.
Topics to be addressed at the conference include:
- Commercial success of small fuel cells: DMFC, PEM, SOFC, and direct borohydride
- Advances in fuel development
- Portable fuel cells for military & commercial applications
- Micro fuel cells for mobile electronics
- Hybrid portable power systems
- System integration & balance of plant engineering
- Materials challenges and use of materials-by-design approach
- Role of nanotechnology & nanomaterials
- End-user and OEM perspective on manufacturing & applications
- Safety, durability & reliability
- George C. Bandlamudi, PhD, University of Duisburg-Essen
- Daniel A. Betts, PhD, EnerFuel
- Hyuk Chang, PhD, Samsung Electronics
- Horacio R. Corti, PhD, National Atomic Energy Commission of Argentina
- James C. Cross III, Nuvera Fuel Cells
- Tsali Cross, PhD, Neah Power Systems, Inc.
- Ravindra Datta, PhD, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Emory S. De Castro, PhD, BASF Fuel Cell Inc.
- Paolo Fracas, Genport Power Solutions
- William Gleason, PhD, Montana Tech - The University of Montana
- Robert Hahn, PhD, Fraunhofer IZM
- Christopher Hebling, PhD, Fraunhofer ISE
- Anders Lundblad, PhD, CTO, myFC AB
- Audrey Martinent-Beaumont, PhD, CEA – French Atomic Energy Commission
- Madeleine Odgaard, IRD Fuel Cells LLC
- Peter Podesser, PhD, SFC Smart Fuel Cell AG
- Jim Prueitt, MTI MicroFuel Cells, Inc.
- Shriram Ramanathan, PhD, Harvard University
- Mareike Schneider, PhD, Fraunhofer IKTS
- Eugene S. Smotkin, PhD, NuVant Systems and Northeastern University
- Andrew P. Wallace, SiGNa Chemistry, Inc.
- Shijie Wu, PhD, Agilent Technologies, Inc.
About The Knowledge Foundation
The Knowledge Foundation integrates scientific ingenuity and real-world applications by fostering collaborative research at the rapidly changing intersection of science and business. Known for providing members of its Technology Commercialization Alliance with direct and unbiased state-of-the-art scientific information, the Knowledge Foundation is uniquely qualified to provide wider exposure for important developments in the emerging fields of alternative energy including fuel cells and lithium ion batteries, nanotechnology, and chemical/biological detection technologies.