Photovoltaic Systems Engineering, Second Edition
Click here for further information.
In just the last few years, the increase in worldwide photovoltaic (PV) shipments has grown from 15 to 25 percent per year. Grid-connected applications have surpassed stand-alone applications, system components have realized significant improvements, and major efforts are underway to build a quality control infrastructure for PV systems. Such rapid growth and evolution continues to put engineers skilled in PV systems at a premium.
Thoroughly updated, Photovoltaic Systems Engineering, Second Edition offers a practical engineering basis for PV system design. It provides quick exposure to all system building blocks, then examines both the whys and hows of the electrical, mechanical, economic, and aesthetic aspects of PV system design-why certain designs are done in certain ways and how the design process is implemented. Students mastering the contents of this book will have the engineering judgement needed to make intelligent decisions based on a clear understanding of the parameters involved in PV systems.
Highlights of the Second Edition:
- Complete updates to each chapter that incorporate currently available system components and recent changes in codes and standards
- Increased emphasis on design trade-offs and the design of grid-connected systems
- New discussions on site evaluation, and battery connections
- A new section on array mounting system design
- A new section on utility interactive residential PV systems
- A new section on curve fitting using Excel
- A new appendix that presents a recommended format for submitting PV design packages for permitting or design review purposes
- Examples and exercises replaced or modified to incorporate contemporary components, such as the Linear Current Booster