GreenEnergyChoice.com, a leading green energy site offering customers options to switch to renewable energy and purchase Renewable Energy Credits (RECs), features 100 percent clean and sustainable wind power from leading Texas energy companies. Texans can easily switch their electricity service without interruption and immediately enjoy the environmental benefits of powering their homes with pure Texas wind.
Texas was the first state to add one gigawatt of wind power in a single year, with more than 1,618 megawatts (MW) installed in 2007, according to the State Energy Conservation Office. Texas currently has nearly 4,000 MW of wind power installed, and continues to research and develop innovative technology to harness one of many renewable energy sources (https://www.greenchoiceenergy.com/).
GreenEnergyChoice offers the following 5 reasons to consider switching to a renewable wind energy plan:
- Wind energy produces no emissions and has very little impact on the surrounding environment.
- Texas wind power supply is growing rapidly, with the world's largest wind farm in Abilene harnessing enough of 100 percent pollution-free resource to power hundreds of Texas homes each day.
- West Texas is rich with wind-power potential, offering Texans a viable and ample supply of renewable resource for future wind-power research and production.
- Land usage fees generate millions in economic incentives for Texas schools and local agriculture.
- Wind energy rates are very competitive compared to non-renewable energy plans, helping Texas electricity customers save money on their monthly electricity bills while lessening their impact on the environment.
One of the easiest ways to make a difference in the environment is to purchase a renewable energy rate plan. GreenEnergyChoice customers can use the free online ordering system to research renewable energy plans--with the electricity that powers their homes being produced directly from resources such as wind, water, solar and more. Customers in areas that do not offer wind energy rate plans can still research other clean and affordable renewable energy options from several well-known and trusted energy companies (https://www.greenchoiceenergy.com/) or purchase RECs to offset a portion or all of the carbon emissions from their annual energy usage.