Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Wind Power, Update 2014 - Global Market Size, Average Price, Competitive Landscape, and Key Country Analysis to 2020" report to their offering.
Global Wind Power Market to Show Steady Growth despite Slump in 2013
Cumulative global wind power capacity increased from 74.5 Gigawatts (GW) in 2006 to 319.6 GW in 2013. Annual wind power installations slumped in 2013 due to a drop in installations in a few countries, but it is however expected to recover in 2014 and regain momentum during the 2014-2020 forecast period. Global cumulative wind power capacity was 322.5 GW at the end of 2013 and is expected to grow to 678.5 GW by 2020.
China, Germany and the UK: Top Three Wind Power Markets in 2013
China overtook the US to become the largest wind power market in terms of annual capacity additions in 2009 and cumulative capacity in 2010 and has since become the global leader in both the manufacture and deployment of wind turbines. In 2013 it was the world's largest wind power market with an annual installed capacity of 16.5 GW, amounting to 45% of total global annual capacity additions, followed by Germany and the UK with much smaller shares of less than 10% each.
Slump in 2013 Due to a Fall in Installations in the US and Spain
The global market saw a major fall in annual capacity additions in 2013 due to a drop off in this area in the US and in Spain. In the US, the Production Tax Credit (PTC) expired on December 31, 2012, which saw many wind farm developers expediting construction and bring commissioning dates forward from 2013 to late 2012 in order to take advantage of the PTC. This led to a sharp fall in the number of wind farms commissioned in 2013 and a reduction in the number of wind towers installed that year.
Scope: Data for each country analyzed
- Installed Capacity, 2006-2020
- Generation, 2006-2020
- Average Turbine Size, 2006-2020
- Average Turbine Cost, 2006-2020
- Market Size, 2006-2020
- Market by Company, 2013
Key Topics Covered:
- Tables & Figures
- Wind Power Market, Global
- Wind Power Market, US
- Wind Power Market, Canada
- Wind Power Market, Germany
- Wind Power Market, Spain
- Wind Power Market, UK
- Wind Power Market, India
- Wind Power Market, China
- Acciona Energia
- Bard Engineering
- China Creative Wind Energy Co.
- China Ming Yang Wind Power Group
- CSIC (Chongqing) Haizhuang Windpower Equipment Co.
- CSR Zhuzhou Institute Co.
- Dewind Co.
- Dongfang Electric Corporation
- Envision Energy
- Gamesa Corporacion Tecnologica
- GE Power & Water
- Guodian United Power Technology Co.
- Huayi Electric Company
- Inox Wind
- Kenersys India
- Leitwind Shriram Manufacturing
- M.Torres Disenos Industriales
- Regen Powertech
- Sanyo Heavy Industry Co.,
- Shanghai Electric Wind Power Equipment Co.
- WinWind Oy
- XEMC Windpower Co.
- Xinjiang Goldwind Science & Technology Co.
- Zhejiang Windey Wind Generating Engineering Co.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5f48rv/wind_power