For the company Industrial Automation Integrators (IAI) B.V. in Veldhoven, a subsidiary of DOCdata N.V. in Waalwijk, the focus of the year 2007 has been on the strategic search for new markets. Part of this was research on the application of the core competences of IAI into these new markets. The current core competences of IAI are the design, building, installation and maintenance of automated production systems, especially utilising optical and laser technology. The outcome of this research is that these core competences align well with the demand for specialised production systems in the production process of solar cells.
Each type of solar cell requires its own automated production systems to enable production at some scale for an acceptable price. The continuous effort to decrease production costs and increase efficiency of solar cells leads to improvements of existing types, as well as to the introduction of new types.
It is therefore expected that for many years to come there will be a considerable demand for specific, automated production systems in which product handling, laser, optical, vision and software will be important technologies. These items align perfectly with the knowledge and experience of IAI in the existing application areas.
The market for solar cells has at least the following characteristics:
- market research studies unanimously predict double digit growth rates for many years to come;
- at the moment, many different types of solar cells are being produced and many different types are being developed;
- laser operations and product handling are important items for the production of solar cells.
In the meantime, IAI has booked the first order for the delivery of a solar cell production system. With the application of IAI's knowledge of and experience in laser technology this system realises innovative connection technology for solar cells.
DOCdata intends to shape the market strategy for IAI further in the coming months by entering into partnerships that are necessary to enter into this market for solar cell production systems.
Next to this, IAI will continue its attention for existing markets. IAI will introduce new products in the security printing market in order to serve a larger share of this market.
- Industrial Automation Integrators designs, builds and delivers production systems, which utilise optical and laser technology for application in amongst others document security systems for high security printers and equipment for processing of packaging materials. Industrial Automation Integrators also provides security features for authentication.
- DOCdata e-Solutions Group provides e-Fulfilment, e-Financial, e-Commerce and e-Partnership solutions to clients. DOCdata offers complete Internet-solutions, both Business-to-Business as well as Business-to-Consumer.
- DOCdata Media Group is a leading independent provider of supply chain management services for content owners and movie, audio, multimedia and software publishers in Europe.