Green Parents' List is accepting nominations of exciting and green paints, flooring, and furnishings. Successful nominations of flooring, carpeting, paint, furniture and decor will receive the Green Parents' List Check Mark for Healthy Home and be listed on www.greenparentslist.com. Nominations will be selected based on Green-appeal, parent-appeal and innovation. The nomination period is open from November 30, 2009 until January 15, 2010.
Green Parents' List works with companies to provide consumers with access to a list of home products that have been checked against specific restricted substance standards. Each product appearing on the Green Parents' List web site, and bearing the Green Parents' List Check Mark for Healthy Home has been verified against applicable federal and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards for lead, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and Formaldehyde limits.
The Green Parents' List Check Mark for Healthy Home provides consumers and DIYers with a quickly identifiable reference that the manufacturer of the product has gone to the effort of manufacturing a Greener product. By providing independent verification, Green Parents' List offers concerned parents and responsible sellers of home products the opportunity to connect.
The top 10 products selected from the nominees will receive:
- Press release to consumers, retailers and media regarding the
products receiving the Green Parents' List Check Mark for Healthy
- Exposure in the Green Parents' List Healthy Home Products on-line
listing linked to retailers for online purchases
- Exposure in press/media appearances conducted for a period of one year
The contest is open to all manufacturers, importers and distributors of home interior products. To nominate a product for listing on Green Parents' List, please submit an e-mail with:
- Contact information and "relationship" to the product
(i.e. manufacturer, importer, distributor, etc.)
- The name of the producer of the product being nominated
- The name of the product
- A description of the product (200 words, max)
- A summary of the product's green appeal, parent appeal and innovation
- Up to 3 photos of your product and/or its application
to [email protected] on or before January 15, 2009.
Submitters of winning nominations will be contacted for follow-up
information by January 20, 2009.