This Pike Research report analyzes the global market opportunity for waste-to-energy technologies as a means of generating electricity and heat from municipal solid waste. The study includes a comprehensive examination of economic and market drivers, existing and emerging technology options for WTE, the public policy and regulatory environment, and key industry players. Market forecasts, segmented by geography and technology category, extend through 2016.
Key questions addressed:
- What are the regulatory, technological, and economic market drivers for WTE?
- What is the role of WTE in the mix of primary and renewable energy resources?
- How will WTE help to mitigate GHG emissions, displace fossil fuel use, provide renewable energy, and improve energy security?
- How is the market structured and who are the key market players?
- What is the size of the WTE market opportunity by region and technology category?
Who needs this report?
- Thermal WTE equipment and component suppliers
- Biological WTE equipment and component suppliers
- Developers of new WTE technologies
- Suppliers of steam and gas turbines and engines, measurement instruments, advanced and corrosion resistant materials
- Municipal and private owners and operators of WTE plants
- Government agencies
- Investor community