Owens Corning, today announced the introduction of Solace Windows, a fiberglass- reinforced window provided through Owens Corning Construction Services. The addition of Solace Windows extends the power of the Owens Corning brand to remodelers in the replacement window market by broadening its product portfolio of energy-efficient solutions.
Solace Windows join the family of energy-efficient remodeling solutions for homes including the Owens Corning Basement Finishing System and SunSuites Sunroom, the first fiberglass sunroom. The windows, which exceed energy star requirements in all climate zones, are now available to select specialty remodelers who will be the sole dealer in their area through exclusive sales territories.
"With homeowners thinking 'don't move....improve,' Owens Corning is bringing to market a solution that improves the look of your home, and at the same time helps reduce energy costs," said Bill LeBaron, president, Owens Corning Construction Services. "Solace Windows offer remodelers the opportunity to provide a high-quality replacement window solution with the power of one of the most preferred building materials brands and the support needed to drive their business."
"Our customers' satisfaction with Owens Corning products is tremendously high," said John Cherubim, president of Remodel USA. "In the four years since adding installed sales of Owens Corning products, our business has doubled. We wouldn't have achieved this level of growth without Owens Corning. Even in this economy, with the addition of Solace Windows, I expect Remodel USA's business to continue to grow."
Owens Corning Construction Services makes business support available to its Solace Windows partners including "role play" sales training, strategic business planning, marketing and PR tools, and lead generation expertise. In addition to the windows' energy efficiency, Solace Windows provide specialty remodelers with differentiating product performance enhancements, including:
- The strength of a fiberglass-reinforced vinyl window combined with a heart of PINK insulation
- Overall U-factors as low as .15 as certified with the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC)
- A design pressure (DP) 60 structural rating
- More than 25 percent more viewing area than typical vinyl replacement windows
- Popular design and style options to choose from including 17 color combinations, designer glass, between the glass blinds and simulated divided lites
- Average two week order turnaround throughout the year
Solace Windows are backed by a Limited Lifetime Transferable Warranty including glass breakage.