Electron Solar Energy (OTC:ESRG), an international distributor of alternative energy systems, announced today that the company has added vertical axis wind turbines to the company’s diverse portfolio of alternative energy technologies.
Electron has recently signed on to become a distributor for a European manufacturer of vertical axis wind turbines. The 5kW model stands at roughly 30 ft in height and is perfect for use in any location - rural, private homes, commercial and municipal. Vertical turbines are ideal for use in cities and close to buildings, are not affected by wind turbulence, create an extremely low shade profile and have no disturbing rotor blade “disco effect”. Direct coupling of rotor and generator assure virtually silent operation. Highly efficient, designed to be free of maintenance for 20 years and wind resistant up to 113 mph, these turbines are versatile and cost-effective. Depending upon locale, users are realizing up to 50% savings on their energy bills.
Other specifications and features include:
- Designed to produce power at very low wind--starting at 6 MPH (3 m/sec) with peak power at only 22-23 MPH (10-11 m/sec) providing maximum output of 5000 watts (5 KW).
- High efficiency with low speed results in the turbine operating virtually sound free
- First all-inclusive wind generator with built in controls and inverter.
- No cutoff before 50 m/sec (Category 3 hurricane wind forces) - even extremely strong winds can be used
- Free standing pole (no guy wires)
- Pole heights 10-12 Meters, 30-36 feet
President and CEO of Electron Solar Energy, Christopher Quinn, said “Vertical axis wind turbines are a natural fit for Electron. We are not simply a solar company but a renewable energy solution provider and energy efficiency consultants. We will continue to seek out new technologies to complement our existing portfolio of products to better provide for our clients’ needs.”
Mr. Quinn, added, “As we continue to build Electron Solar Energy into a distributor and installer of alternative energy technology solutions, we look forward to a great 2009 in both revenue and profits. It is already clear from our progress year to date and our current sales pipeline that we are headed to a record breaking year..”